Would you sign Fielder to a 6/140 contract?

Sports Guy

6/140 for Prince?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. 6/140 for Prince?

• Yes, I would be happy with that deal
    • No, that's too much for him
    • On the fence...Its not awful but I don't love it either

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd do that in a heartbeat for Fielder. I'm not sure why so many think Fielder will get an outragous 200 mil deal. There will be no Bos and NY running up the bidding. And it's not like Fielder is the prize. Pujols is who will get the big deal. And I don't see teams like the Angels and Texas bidding against themselves. The only team I see that stupid is the Mariners.

I'd do that in a heartbeat for Fielder. I'm not sure why so many think Fielder will get an outragous 200 mil deal. There will be no Bos and NY running up the bidding. And it's not like Fielder is the prize. Pujols is who will get the big deal. And I don't see teams like the Angels and Texas bidding against themselves. The only team I see that stupid is the Mariners.
Because Albert stays in St Louis...that means there will be more of a bidding war for Fielder in all likelihood.

I voted on the fence. I could be ok with it, but only with a real committment to build the right team around him. Otherwise, it's money down the drain.

The fact of the matter is, I don't like Fielder. I think he is a fat emotional slob. If we are gonna spend that kind of dough, I'd much rather pay the extra money for Pujols.

But that said, I am sick of the Atkins and Tejada and Lee and Vlad signings. Spend some real money and get some real talent in here. If you're not going to, then don't spend at all and let Reimold and Dais play and put that money into the system. So to that point, if Peter absolutely wants to spend on the big league club, then spend it on the Prince, I don't care.

The fact of the matter is, I don't like Fielder. I think he is a fat emotional slob. If we are gonna spend that kind of dough, I'd much rather pay the extra money for Pujols.

But that said, I am sick of the Atkins and Tejada and Lee and Vlad signings. Spend some real money and get some real talent in here. If you're not going to, then don't spend at all and let Reimold and Dais play and put that money into the system. So to that point, if Peter absolutely wants to spend on the big league club, then spend it on the Prince, I don't care.

By the way, for Albert, I'd do something like this...

3 years/105 million dollars.

Team options for 3 more years at 30 million each. If the Orioles have turned the corner and are contenders, then keep paying him. If we have continued to suck, then let him go.

So Big Al could get 6 years, $195 million from us if everything goes well. I think that MAY be enough.

Fence sitting on that one. It's about the max I'd pay, and I have reservations about whether using our money to sign Fielder is the best use of resources. But, if it actually happened, my guess is I'd be happy about it. Not too worried about that contingency, though.

Because Albert stays in St Louis...that means there will be more of a bidding war for Fielder in all likelihood.

Maybe, but I could see the Cubs going crazy for Pujols. I just wonder who will wait the other out. It's probably more beneficial for Fielder to wait Pujols out. Pujols will get probably a deal around 8/240. I doubt he gets the 10 years he wants. I think 7/175 will be where Fielder falls into.

And I think we wind up going after Aramis Ramirez for 3B. Which, for what I see him getting, I'd rather go all in for Fielder, then to sign Ramirez to a 5 or 6 year deal. Wouldn't really be shocked to see the Cubs 2011 corners on our OD roster really.

1. Hardy SS

2. Markakis RF

3. Jones CF

4. Ramirez 3B

5. Pena 1B

6. Reynolds DH

7. Wieters C

8. Reimold/Davis LF

9. Andino 2B

Archived